Pedestrian are committed to the Arts Award. We are a registered centre delivering the awards to children and young people and an Arts Awards Supporter offering opportunities for those working on their award.
Arts Award is a nationally recognised qualification that supports children and young people aged from 5 to 25 to develop as artists and arts leaders. Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England and is offered at five levels – Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
“I loved doing my Arts Award at Pedestrian- it was so much fun and I learnt lots of new art activties.”
Explore Arts Award participant
At all levels, young people are given the chance to directly engage with the world of arts and to develop their own artistic practice. The flexible nature of Arts Award makes it a perfect qualification for engaging those with a mistrust of the value of certification and an interest in creative and artistic activity.
The increasing levels offer more opportunity for independent learning alongside more complex and in-depth critical thinking, reflection as well as development and application of leadership skills.
To find out more about Arts Award visit the official website at www.artsaward.org.uk
As a Supporter Centre, we can offer different ways to help children and young people to achieve all elements of their Arts Award.
Below are just some of the ways we can help you:
- in our projects and events working alongside professional artists
- join us for work experience (formal or informal placements)
- come and volunteer on our projects
- shadow our staff team to find out about different roles in the arts
- find out about running an organisation by interviewing our Director
- gain an understanding of governance and how the Board works
- interview and find out more about our artists
- shadow artists by working as a workshop assistant
- expertise career advice from those in the sector
- signpost/links with other arts organisations
The Business Side
- learn more about our marketing (website, social media, etc )
- find out about how the finances work
- how to raise money for projects-fundraising
- access to our specialist equipment/software and materials
- FREE room hire/use of space in our city centre location
To find out more about our Arts Awards offer, please contact us on email@example.com
News from this programme
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.